Monday, November 5, 2007

Friday, November 2, 2007


Who's knocking me out today? German artist Chris Von Steiner. This guy's obviously lost his mind where color and composition are concerned. I mean look at it! It's everywhere! It's all over the paper in some crazy explosion of day glo, nightmarish cartoon, and rock-n-roll mash-up. It's gorgeous! Gorgeous like a splash of road-kill on rain washed pavement, or the chaotic tangles of fallen trees on power lines. There's a dangerous agitation and sweaty sexuality to the compositions which make them as appealing as they are unnerving. It's too, too much to look at. I feel like I've taken amphetamines every time I study one of his paintings. It's color overload, subject apocalypse! Fantastic!

http://www.chrisvonsteiner.com/pages/accueil1.html

No comments: